Activity Area for the development of digitizing services and for access to documents
The Activity Area for the development of digitizing services and for access to documents:
- promotes and coordinates activities related to the creation, management, preservation and access to digital collections in Italian libraries and promotes the application of standards
- manages and coordinates both the Internet Culturale Portal and the relationships with the portal editorial team and the digital repositories providing its content, in coopeartion with the General Directorate for Libraries, Cultural Institutes and Copyright
- manages and coordinates the maintenance and evolution of the architecture of Internet Culturale and the development of the software applications relating to the digital activities
- promotes the participation of partners and collections belonging to regional and municipal administrations and to cultural institutes as well, in order to enhance digital contents
- looks after digitization projects and their management, in order to integrate them with the Internet Culturale system, thus ensuring quality and uniformity
- manages the ICCU MagTeca and the evolution and distribution of the software
- carries out training activities related to the fields of its own competence.
It also represents the Institute at national and international levels in the fields of its own competence.
Area coordinator: Laura Ciancio
tel.: +39 06 49210417 - +39 064989479
fax: +39 06 4959302
Last update: 13.10.2016